Principal Mechanical Engineer, Suffolk
Job Title: Principal Mechanical Engineer, J37153
Employment Type: Contract
Assystem are seeking to recruit a Principal Mechanical Engineer to work within its Energy and Nuclear group based in Suffolk at Sizewell B Nuclear Power Plant.
Main Job Function
Project is to contribute to the production of a systematic series of reports encompassing a whole range of activities involved in the major refurbishment or replacement of assets including buildings, plant and equipment at Sizewell B PWR Nuclear Power Station.
The tasks will be those expected of an individual undertaking the role of a LEAD ENGINEER on large or complex projects, often across multi-disciplined groups.
- Production of Contract Technical Specifications for Procurement
- Production of Engineering Change documentation and implementation with supporting references (Safety Case etc)
- System Design Management
- Chairing Design Reviews and their outcome implementation
- Nuclear but not essential. Pressurised Water Reactor (PWR) experience would be of benefit – especially PWR Safety Case experience.
- Seismic Assessments. Civil Engineering design and assessment.
- HVAC Systems. Diesel Generators. Remote (preferably spent fuel) handling.
- Pipework and vessel corrosion integrity and design rectification.
- Scoping and high level calculations.
- National and Local Standards.
- CDM Regs.
- Strong awareness of the Technical, Legislative, Commercial and Financial demands of project work.
- Preparation of tenders and programmes.
- Develop Functional Requirements Specifications.
- Technical documentation of all types to the highest level.
- Excellent communication skills
- Honours Degree or HNC/HND with relevant experience.
- Extensive experience within Civil Nuclear or similar highly regulated industry shall be demonstrated
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken, applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
For an informal, confidential discussion about this role or to discuss other opportunities at Assystem within the Energy & Nuclear market please call Damien McNeaney direct on 01772 647651.
You can also connect with me on Linked In here http://uk.linkedin.com/in/damienmcneaney